Here is a tasty quick and easy vegetarian noodle recipe that’s very straightforward to make no fuss no muss! The secret is in the delicious garlic tomato egg sauce made with your basic pantry ingredients. The sweet and sourness of the ripe tomatoes, creamy eggs, and addictive garlicky aroma is a true flavor bomb hit! Paired with fresh chewy wheat noodles this dish is the definition of comfort food. Like me, you’ll be making again and again at home when you’re craving for a warm bowl of goodness.
I first had a dish like this when I went out to a local Chinese restaurant called King’s Bistro. To be honest, the dish seemed deceivingly simple…maybe a little too simple as I first thought until I took my first bite. I was like WOW, this is surprisingly tasty! I knew at that point I had to replicate it in my kitchen, hence, this recipe for you guys!
You need to get yourself a pack of fresh wheat noodles for this dish, which you can find at your local Asian grocery. The ones I used look more like udon. The other trick is to make sure you use fresh ripe tomatoes for maximum flavor. Any tomato variety should be fine but I like to use juicy and not too fleshy ones like Roma tomatoes as you need the liquid for the sauce.
This is a great simple lunch or dinner meal for any night of the week because it takes only 15 min to make. Give it a try and let me know!
Noodles with Garlic Tomato Egg Sauce
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 15 h Total time: 20 min Servings: 4
- 1 pack of fresh wheat noodles
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- In a sauce pan, heat oil to medium heat and saute garlic slices and white parts of green onion for 1-2 min until fragrant.
- Add in chopped tomatoes, sugar, salt, and chicken powder. Cook for another 8-10 min until it becomes a saucy consistency.
- Add in the eggs gradually and slowly stir into the tomato mixture. Cook for another 2-3 min then set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil wheat noodles for 5 min and then rinse under cold water quickly.
- Mix noodles into the tomato egg sauce and drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with green parts of green onions. Add more salt to taste if needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Noodles with Garlic Tomato Egg Sauce”
Yum! Noodles are so delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! They are so easy to make too 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person