The easiest and tastiest biscotti cookies with a secret ingredient…cereal!
With the Christmas holidays just around the corner, I’m always in search of a great cookie recipe to share with friends, colleagues, and family and this one definitely makes it to the top ten list in my book! For those unfamiliar with biscotti, it’s essentially a twice cooked Italian cookie that can come in a rainbow of yummy flavors.
I was first introduced to this cookie recipe by my dorm room supervisor way back in undergrad. I remember her knocking on our doors in the last week of exams and presenting us a delicious platter of these biscotti cookies! From the first bite I raced to her room for the recipe and I’m happy to share it with all of you here.
The recipe is actually from the original Post Cereal website (here) and the unique crunchiness comes from the Cranberry Almond Crunch Cereal. This cookie also contains white chocolate which gives it just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the tarte dried cranberries and wonderful hint of cereal flavor.
I have made this many many times over the years and I hope you will enjoy these delicious cookies as well. Leave a comment, share with friends, and let us know what you think!
Cranberry Almond Crunch Biscotti
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 h
Total time: 1 h 10 min
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Post Cereal Cranberry Almond Crunch
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the softened butter, vanilla, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs in one at a time and mix well.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients stirring well each time to incorporate. The dough should be sticky and thick.
- Add in the cereal and white chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour out the dough onto a surface and divide into two equal portions. Roll each portion into 14 inch by 2 inch logs.
- Place the logs onto a baking tray about 3 inches apart and bake for 25-30 min until slightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool 10 min before slicing diagonally 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Place the sliced cookies onto the baking tray and bake for another 15-18 min until slightly golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack. You can store the cookies in an air tight container for 3-4 days (although they never last this long in my house). Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Cranberry Almond Crunch Biscotti”
Excellent holiday gifts!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh those look so good. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person